Handsome App is a free career and advice sharing app providing beauty and barber pros with access to community, education, mentorship, and resources to advance in their careers.
Recently, Handsome launched an elite mastermind space where 10 of the industry’s top educators are kicking off by offering free Mastermind Coaching directly to pros and artists in the industry. On this list are the new Handsome Accredited Educators and some of the industry’s finest educators: Jessie Klaus, J Ladner, Nina Tulio, Presley Poe, Travis Parker, Drew Schaefering, John Mosley “Popular Nobody”, Corinna Hernandez, and Mira Chai. These educators are coaching directly to their communities in the app on business, technique, and mindset.
What’s a Mastermind?
- A digital community to come and get feedback and career coaching directly from educators.
- Educators post challenges to masterminds.
- Members of their masterminds reply to challenges with a clip: this might be a video or image of a particular business or cutting technique.
- Coaches and members rate the clips to help guide pros in upleveling their skills.
- Pros can earn rewards by listening to Micro-Doses and completing in-app challenges.
Handsome's three values are:
- Championing and representing the underdog to reaching new career heights.
- Committing to being brand agnostic and filling a gaping void by pulling all brands into one space and creating new career pathways and income streams.
- Focusing on building trust first.
According to Handsome CEO, April Dominguez, that’s why Handsome has been able to build what it has. "Our three unique values ensure we're partnering with the right brands, the right educators, and the right pros — all of which must be aligned in mission: to bring equal career opportunities to the leading industry for women and a leading industry in diversity.
"Today, 90% of hairstylists are female and 66% of barbers are Black and Latinx, which make up a $190B industry... an industry that’s bigger than dating," Dominguez continues. "There are more hairstylists in the U.S. than police officers or doctors, yet this industry has been shockingly overlooked and highly stigmatized. And this is why Handsome aims to change the massive disparity in both the beauty industry and the venture capital eco-system: where only 0.4% of VC dollars go toward Latinx, Native American, and Female Founders."
To date, according to Dominguez, Handsome has raised about $2.3M in Venture Capital funding, when less than 100 Latina founders in 2021 had ever raised over $1M in capital. They’ve been funded by Facebook and Google and have been recognized as a Top 50 startup to watch.
Handsome has partnered with brands like Andis Clippers, Alfaparf, and Babyliss, and has become the official networking app of barbering expos BarberCon NY, LA, ATX, Atlanta, Dallas, and CT Barber Expo.
If you’re interested in becoming an Accredited Educator, Brand Partner, or Event Partner, please contact Team Handsome at [email protected].
Originally posted on Modern Salon